Monday, January 4, 2010

Here is a project I actually completed this week. The original idea belongs to the brilliant lady behind this blog " Old Days-Old Ways. She has such terrific ideas. This entire cape and hat set cost a total of $1.34. I paid a buck for two Santa hats on clearance, and 34 cents for a yard of satin ribbon. The buttons and thread I already had. I think it turned out pretty good. I am happy with it.

Photobucket

Yes, I know the poor dear has no clothes on underneath. Forgive me this time. I could not be bothered to sort thru this to come up with something....

Photobucket

The suitcase is a vintage Samsonite that I got for 3 bucks at our local thrift store. It is in mint condition. When I was a little girl I always wanted a real suitcase filled with real dollclothes. I finally have it. I am 47 years old folks and living my childhood dream here.

You can see tiny little underwear on the top of the pile. Those were created from a tutorial written by the very same lady who wrote the cape tutorial. I told ya she was brilliant.

No comments: