Sunday, April 15, 2007

Primitive Mary Anne Doll!

Introducing......Mary Anne!! Finally! The sun came out and I was able to get outside and take my pictures. The wind was cruel though. It kept blowing up Mary Anne's skirt and showing her underoos! Embarrassing experience for both of us. NOW what are the neighbors gonna say?

About Mary Anne: She is made of muslin that has been aged with walnut ink. Her face is stitched. I stitched it first, then brushed the walnut ink on. For her blouse I cut out a rectangle to fit the front, and folded it in twice on either side of the center to make a pin tucked look. Then sewed the whole thing to the front. I like the way it turned out. I made a tag for her using printed antique children's blocks. Cut em apart and glued on the words "old friend."


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Gen said...

Mary Anne is adorable, great job :)

Gen said...

Mary Anne is adorable, great job :)