Sunday, April 15, 2007

More About Me

Creating primitive dolls is a hobby of mine. I tried doing it as a job once. Didn't like it. Got too bored with it. I am the type of person that if I HAVE to do something, I don't like it. So, dollmaking went back to a hobby for me, and I like it much better that way.

I work full time in a local nursing home. I am the dietary manager. Food is another hobby of mine, whether it be cooking it, or eating it. I collect cookbooks. I love the old ones, and I especially love the ones that food companies used to publish to sell their products. I have a vintage Campbell soup, and a Bisquick one that are just fabulous! Oh and I can't forget the jello one! That one is way cool!

I also love to collect dollhouse stuff. I have been collecting miniatures since I was 26, when my oldest son was 5. Well that son is now 24 years old and has a son of his own. Yeah, I know. Long time. I had a dollhouse once. It got ruined in a basement when it flooded. Sigh! Last year I finally bought a big ol pine armoire to make into a dollhouse. It sits in my livingroom stocked full of boxes of minis. Loaves of bread, tiny little quilts and afghans, mason jars, dishes, furniture and wallpaper, etc, all sit quietly waiting for the day when they can come out and play. All I need to do is measure for my partitions and get my husband to cut the wood. Now, let me put this into perspective for you. Getting my husband to do anything besides play some silly little role playing game on the computer is like trying to extract teeth from a Banty Rooster. No kidding. Sigh! I keep saying I want to have the rooms divided and ready for papering by my 45th birthday. Well, that is June 1. Yeah. Doesn't look too promising from where I am standing.

No comments: