Saturday, June 28, 2008

I am the only one amongst my friends and family who likes avocodoes it seems. How could you not like avocadoes? I mean, it's even a fun word to say. Avocado....avocado..... Has sort of a regal tone to it don't ya think?

Avocado Salsa

1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
2 (2.25 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 avocados - peeled, pitted and diced


In a large bowl, mix corn, olives, red bell pepper and onion.
In a small bowl, mix garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour into the corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.
Stir avocados into the mixture before serving.


Photobucket
I hope she doesn't recognize me.......

4 comments:

Artisan Memories said...

Terri!!! Yum Yum Yum...Avocados are my favorite fruit. Yes. as i recall they are a fruit...did you know that. and they are the one food you could survive off of with out any other food, except water. That recipe i am trying with my fresh avocados that are keeping cold right now. they are the perfect ripeness, i was just waiting for the right moment to have them.
So , now you know one friend, who loves...them!! i have them on everything!!! and just plain too!!!
have a great day terri!
Laura Ann

Terri said...

Great to hear you are a fellow avocado lover!! Do you love guacamole too?? When we go to a mexican restaurant with friends, I eat theirs! I slice em and eat em on sandwiches too. YUM!!!!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

OH YUM - this is one recipe I will be making. Thanks for adding me to your favs- I'llbe doing the same! hugs, Linda

Terri said...

Yay! Another avocado fan! Thanks a bunch for stopping by Linda!