Thursday, May 15, 2008

It is a drizzly (is that a word?) morning here in my part of the world. The wind is blowing, and there is a definite chill in the air. I am home today with my youngest. High fever. Sigh! Sure wish I was a doctor. It would save a lot of worry on my part when my children were sick. Well, then again, it probably wouldnt. Anyway, this is what is in my crock pot as I type.....

Crock Pot Pork Roast and Gravy

4 to 5 lbs. loin end roast
1 clove garlic, sliced
2 med. onions, sliced
1 bay leaf
c. hot water
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

Rub roast with salt and pepper. make tiny slits in meat and insert slivers of garlic. In crock pot put 1 sliced onion on bottom. Add roast then remaining onion and other ingredients. Cover and cook 1 hour on high. Turn to low and cook 9 to 10 hours or until done.

GRAVY: Remove roast, onions, and bay leaf. In separate cup or bowl, blend 2 tablespoons cold water with 2 tablespoons cornstarch to form smooth paste. Set crockpot on high and pour in paste. Stir well and let come to a boil (10 to 15 minutes) until thickened.

No comments: