Sunday, May 25, 2008

I have such a new respect for all you gardners out there. Yesterday, my gardening cousin directed me in the landscaping of my lawn. Now, I don't garden mind you. I don't. My mother had the unique ability to jab a stick into the ground and have something beautiful develop. Me? I have the ability to take something beautiful, and have it develop into stick in record time. I did keep an open mind though, and let her choose. For once in my life I did not argue. Well, not much. Every time she chose a plant or a tree I would remark that I hoped I did not kill it, and then she would say cheerfully, "Oh this one is easy to grow." I figure those are either gonna be famous last words, or the start to a miracle within myself. Only time will tell. We dug and dug. sweated, and then dug some more. I ended up looking like I did when I was 5 and making mud pies with those old pot pie tins. Today, everything on my body is sore. But! My yard looks pretty good. Hopefully it will stay that way.

No comments: