Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Now that you have some great food gift ideas, how about something to wrap them in? You can use plain brown paper lunch sacks, and decorate them yourself. Here is an idea that I really like from momof1 in Wilkesboro, NC.

Create your own gift bags using ordinary brown lunch bags, fabric, and fusible web. I cut out the words "Ho ho ho" from plaid fabric and fused them on a bag. On another, I cut out an angel that was pre-printed on the fabric and fused it to a bag. I also cut out a reindeer head and bow tie and fused them onto a bag and then added details using craft paint, moveable eyes, and a pom pom for the nose. You can even use white lunch bags; I created an elf on the white one. The possibilities are endless.

Note: I plan to use a product called "wonder under" for the fusing process. You can usually buy this at Walmart in the fabric department. It is very inexpensive and easy to use. The directions are printed on the plastic strip that is on top of the product. Make sure the sales person does not throw that part away. I believe it is printed in purple.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I can't wait to get starting on making my own gift bags! Sounds like fun. Here are some free patterns to help you with your bags.

Candle, candy cane, gingerbread man, snowman, and Christmas star.

Tree and ornament

Stocking (scroll down)

Mittens

Snowman

2 comments:

~Niki~ said...

Great bag ideas! Love the angel :)

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

This would be great for my cookie swap coming up! Thanks for the idea!
Blondie