Sunday, May 13, 2007

Rusting Recipe

So many people in the primitive crafting world have commented that they just can't get pins, bells, etc to rust. Thru trial and error, I have found a method that doesn't fail me. It works every time. Thought I would share it with you.

Terri's Primitive Rusting Recipe

2 c. white vinegar
1/4 c. peroxide
2 T. salt
In a large plastic container, let them soak 4 hours.
Remove to paper towels and spritz with peroxide and spread salt on them.
Let them sit about 2 more hours. You will have wonderfully rusty stuff! You can do pins, bells, scissors, and just about anything your little prim heart desires!
Note: Make sure you use a fairly large container for the job. I have an old gallon pickle jar I use. DO NOT put a lid on it. This stuff foams up pretty wicked, and the first time I ever made this mix, it made one heck of a mess. So learn from my mistake and get a big container.