Saturday, April 14, 2007

My Quick Veggie Soup

Still raining here, so I decided to put on a pot of my favorite soup. My son Mike and my soon to be daughter-in-law fight over it. It is a quick and easy recipe I came up with years ago, and have been using it ever since. Here it is:

2 lbs. ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large can tomato juice
1 15 oz can mixed vegetables, do not drain
1 15 oz can kernel corn,do not drain
6- 7 tsp. instant beef bouillion powder
2 cups bow tie pasta
salt and pepper to taste

Brown ground beef and onion in dutch oven until meat loses it's pink color. Drain well. Wipe out any excess grease in the pan. Return ground beef and onion to pan. Add tomato juice, vegetables and bouillion. Add one tomato juice can full of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the pasta. Simmer until pasta is done, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.

variation: add 2 cups chopped cabbage when you add the pasta.



MySpace Icons

No comments: